Preparing for a Storm Loss
Hurricane peak season runs for the months of July, August and September. Now is a great time to start thinking about your preparedness efforts, in the event of a hurricane or strong storm.
After experiencing last year’s more active than normal hurricane season, Property Managers in Midtown Memphis should prepare in case we are threatened by inclement weather.
Here are some tips
- Plan ahead
- Come up with a “Playbook.” The playbook or manual should include employees’ phone numbers, emergency contacts, who is responsible for what, etc.
- Talk with your employees and determine who will be considered essential personnel
- Have a meeting with the building owners and then meet with tenants to inform them of the action plan in case of inclement weather
- Prepare an evacuation route and post it throughout the building
- Think about implementing an automated email, text, or voicemail message to keep your tenants/employees informed
- Have all the insurance information up to date and keep it in a safe place
- If evacuation is mandatory, nobody should remain in the building
If you don’t know where to start, give us a call today so we can tell you about our Emergency Ready Plan.
Call SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis today at 901-454-4975